Tuesday 31 January 2012

Farewell to thou January!

Greetings readers! Andy here, with my final post of the month!

To start off, I'm going to point out something I missed last post, the fact that my February DOES in fact explode into action, as tomorrow (1st February) I am en voyaging with my School to see a theatre production of J.B. Priestley's An Inspector Calls. Due to this event, there won't be a blog tomorrow at all, or a vlog. I am looking forward to the play, as I have rather enjoyed all previous theatre visits and believe that what I have read of the play has captivated my interest. Do you have anything interesting happening next month? Let me know in the comments section!

I want to talk a little about the current Metal Hammer issue also; I bought it a week or two back and am still hammering through it, it is such a great magazine - especially value wise. £4.75 gets you 188 pages of nothing else than the planet's greatest genre and the majority of its sub-genre branches. This month's issue featured a true metal hero and icon Phil Anselmo gracing the front cover as he is set to release some new material with his band Down. Down are a great band, not like Pantera (Phil's previous band) much, as they are far more relaxing and often called sludge/stoner music. I have their third record: Over The Under and truly do recognise the great efforts. One thing that significantly improves this album is the fact that the bassist is Rex Brown who was Phil's band mate in Pantera. If you haven't heard them, check out 'Stone The Crow' from their debut in '95.

Also, recently I have very much gotten into recently is a young, talented fellow called Sonny Moore who was a guitar player and singer in an alternative rock band, who has drastically changed his style and is kicking up a huge whirlwind of popularity and awareness with his musical change. These days, Skrillex - as he is now known - is a dubstep producer. A bit differentiating from my usual taste yes, but what he's doing is fresh, exciting and extremely catchy. If you haven't heard any of his stuff, I suggest taking a listen to 'Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites' from the Scary Monsters EP.

That's all for today, thanks for reading and check my Youtube at www.youtube.com/user/HiToppzx and follow me on twitter @aandysmith.
Thanks,
Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment