Tuesday 24 January 2012

Stick to the 'Resolution'!

Hello everyone! Andy here, my first blog of the week :)


So, on Saturday when I looked at the post, I was excited already at the fact my tickets for Alestorm on the 15th February had come, then this little beauty bought my attentio swiftly. I got it two days before the official release (23rd Jan) and went completely mad with excitement; so much so that I even abondaned my usual traits of withstanding the cold outdoor temperatures to see my friends and stayed in to christen my ears. And I can truly say I am glad, for here, pictured below is a serious contender for any album of the year polls imaginable, it is without a doubt January's champion and the best way to kick start 2012.


If you do not yet own a copy, buy it now. Without hesitation. Without concern of financial thoughts. Just buy it. It is a record that NEEDS to be in your collection, and the iTunes version won't do, you have to have the real thing; the physical cd is and always will be 10 times better, more pleasing and a better investment than the digital album on iTunes. If you need a bit more info about it, below is part 1 of my video review! Part 2 will be linked within the video as soon as it is up.


In summary, this album guarantees headaches, threatens to blow out your speakers and will ruin your throat as you try to imitate Mr. Blythe's vocals. Also, if you are lucky enough to be attending this years Download Festival, you are graced with the oppurtunity of seeing Randy and co. melt your face for real! Accompanying them are Machine Head - who to me released 2011's finest material with the blistering 'Unto The Locust' -, DevilDriver - also put out a new album last year, I am yet to hear it but they also will destroy -, Black Sabbath's original line-up, I don't even need to go into any detail here, and Metallica performing the Black Album, so if you're eligible, don't miss it!
Thanks,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment