Thursday 19 January 2012

Hello! Andy here, indulging in my second blog post!

The date is Thursday, 19th January 2012. We are now a mere 4 days away from the official UK release of the extremely anticipated new heavy metal band Lamb Of God's album: Resolution. I for one am very eager to open up the parcel that is soon to be arriving through my letterbox containing this brutal force of musical power in the form of compact disc (CD). I am also very envious of anyone who pre-ordered the album before December 20th, as if you did so you are rewarding with receiving a free live CD as well as the album! Be sure to keep a close eye on my youtube channel (www.youtube.com/user/HiToppzx) because when I have the album and have heard it a few times, I'm going to post a video review!

Now, changing the subject a lot and linking back to yesterday's blog, I watched the Hound of the Baskervilles episode of the BBC Sherlock Holmes series last night, and like the other two episodes in the series, I was far from disappointed. This episode, I felt, was more thrilling than episode one and three, as they make you think a lot more and the content of those episodes is not based on a savage beast that rips apart any living thing it can. The take on this story that the BBC took was a rather brave one, as it is rather differentiating to the usual storyline, but in my eyes it definitely worked and I had no idea what to expect. If you haven't seen this episode yet, or don't want to know what happens, I suggest you stop reading here.

There is an experimental army base (named Baskerville) situated in Dartmoor, and animals are experimented here, the beast is purely a myth in local areas but believers of this creature think that the scientists at Baskerville performed experiments on the hound and let it go. Sherlock solves the madness, and it turns out that a group of five people in the 1980's created the H.O.U.N.D. project. (Named this as the first letter of each participant's surname was ordered together) This project was to create a drug that plays a cruel trick on the mind and makes it fear the worst, for example if someone tells you the beast is green, when the drug is active and you think you see it, your mind will see a green creature. The drug is mixed in clouds of thick fog, no more than knee high, situated where all beast-hunters venture to. This means that when you visit here, any animal (rat, dog, cat etc.) could seem a million times more dangerous, so well done BBC for turning heads with a truly creative piece of pulse-stopping action.

One last thing I wanted to say was that yesterday marked me finishing my reading of The Fellowship of the Ring, a very proud achievement on my behalf, it took time and effort and I do feel relieved now it is over, but the book is most definitely worth a read, especially if you have only seen the Lord of the Ring films as there is a lot of content in the book that was missed in the film, Tom Bombadil being a prime example.

So, thanks for reading and I want to end with a question today;
What are your views on 'honour killings'? Comment, tweet me (@localmetalhead) or e-mail me (andy.smith10@yahoo.co.uk) with an answer.
Thanks,
Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment