Thursday 13 December 2012

Driving!

Hello! Sorry for another day late post, I completely forgot yesterday!

First of all, on Sunday I turned 17! It was mostly a good day but overshadowed by feeling really ill, like I have been many days and had many days in the past week off college because of this. I don't really feel too much different for being 17 but of course I can now start learning to drive which I am very much pleased about. On Sunday morning I went out into an empty car park with Mum, she taught me how to start a car and I even did some laps!! I was amazed at how easy it all was and was really looking forward to my first driving lesson.

Yesterday morning was my first lesson, I was picked up and taken onto Morda Road where - to my surprise - I was put in the drivers seat and was driving for the whole hour! We went through loads of different surrounding villages and went in a big circle, ending up back at my house. The lesson went well, a lot of gear changing and manoeuvring were very dominant. I only made one big mistake, a quiet right turning where I had to change gear and left the clutch down when trying to accelerate - Doh!

So, I break up for Christmas holidays on Tuesday and am very much looking forward to that! Two weeks off college of as many lazy days as I want and avoiding the frosty, cold weather sounds very good. I would like to thank Robin van Persie for his fantastic birthday present on Sunday - his extra time free kick to beat Man City! How brilliant that was! Also, on Saturday I was at Nantporth for my first game in a while to watch Bangor best Aberdare Town 4-1 in the Welsh Cup. Not too bad a game and very good to see Bangor progressing!

This weekend, Bangor are at home against Carmarthen so I will probably find myself there. United are at home to Sunderland so that will hopefully be 3 more points, keeping at least 6 points between us and City!

Thanks for reading!
-Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment