Wednesday 19 September 2012

True Blue

Hello readers! I am writing today after a pretty relaxing and ever welcome day off college.

I may have explained before, but every Wednesday, I have a whole day off! This is by far the greatest perk of my timetable and journey into college life. So, the past week has been mostly just doing college work and playing football with friends, this weekend has been a similar one in terms of routine to the current season so far; I went off to watch Bangor City! The match was against Afan Lido, an average side who were really lucky to win their last game and they were facing up against a Bangor team in good form and looking for nothing short of a win.

A win is what Bangor got, and a great performance accompanied a lovely 4-1 scoreline. The first half was more frustrating than anything, as Chris Simm missed a few good chances and they equalised a minute or two after the deadlock was broken with a flukey deflected effort. So we went in drawing and feeling hard done by at the halfway break, but Nev Powell must of given the boys quite a talking to as they came out, took control and finally found the net! Les Davies fired home the second - a powerful bullet-like header for the guy who needed a goal most (This was his first of the season), then Chris Jones got a second and Damien Allen finished them off with a good piece of passing and moving, losing his marker and receiving a great setup from John Owen (Promising young lad who's come through the youths) and never looked like missing.

So three points to stay top, possibly the best display at the new stadium, and the news that TNS only drew 0-0 were great factors - Bangor play at TNS next weekend and the rivals have got 2 points from their last 9 and haven't scored in three games. All encouraging factors!

It was at the match this weekend when Les scored that I realised just how much I'm currently enjoying travelling to watch City, the past week dragged so much that on Monday I was wishing it was Saturday for the match! Never before have I felt this passionate about football or Bangor, and I've been watching them since I can remember (Not down to choice like now though, Mum used to work Saturdays so I was with Dad and Bangor was where he went). At the game, me and Dad signed up for the Supporters Association and to truly show how much I love it, I bought a shirt! (Right)





It was great that United got a comfortable win while City only drew as well, and last night me and Dad went to watch Shrewsbury playing Coventry which resulted in an entertaining 4-1 for the Shrews, a much needed result! I'm now looking forward to the United game tonight and watching Bangor in possibly the toughest game of the season at the weekend!!

Thanks for reading!
-Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment