Wednesday 12 September 2012

College is cool!

Hello readers! Sorry about the gap since my last post!

Last week I started college! I'm attending Walford and North Shropshire College; the Oswestry campus to do A Levels in Pschology, English, Media and Film Studies. So far I am a week and half in to college life and am quite enjoying it! The best bit has to be the fact I have no lessons on a Wednesday and at least one free lesson every other day so I'm effectively only doing a four day week!!!
My favourite lessons are definitely Media and Film, I didn't enjoy Psychology much last week but it's definitely gotten a lot better this week. Also I already feel comfortable in and around the campus, I recognise quite a few faces and am enjoying being able to wear my own clothes all the time too - all good so far in summary. Now to football!

A week ago yesterday I traipsed with my Dad, his mate 'Ballo' and Declan to watch Bangor face Aberystwyth at Aber, I was hopeful of another 7-1 turnover like the one experienced on Saturday (That was live on TV so we stayed at home and watched), but this match was a lot different. It ended up 0-0, very few chances for both sides as Aber set out a lot tighter defensively and were aiming for a draw. The only highlight was when Jamie Brewerton got straight red carded for what the ref called a two footed challenge, upon first sight it looked harsh, watching it again on a highlights programme you wonder what on Earth the ref is doing! To make it worse, Bangor had an appeal against the red card dismissed!! Anyway what can you do, he's now out for three matches.

On Saturday Bangor were away at Airbus which is pretty much Chester so that was a short half an hour drive for me and Dad on a really hot day (where I foolishly wore tight jeans!) to enjoy a good ol' game of football. Bangor won 3-2, Chris Simm with a first half hat trick but yet again there was more shocking referee-ing, it really makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes. So three well deserved points there and all week now I have been really looking forward to next Saturday where Bangor are hosts to Afan Lido; it's dawned on me how much I'm enjoying watching / following City this season - the only game I've missed is the 7-1 Aber game!

Today me and Connor Watts went to Wrexham Odeon cinema to watch The Sweeney, it was absolutely brilliant and I had a great time.In all, I'm enjoying college, can't wait for match days and everything is pretty good at the moment!

Thanks for reading!
-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment