Saturday 18 February 2012

This is the end

Eager readers, I welcome you, one and all!

It has been approximately six days since my last blog post, and this one bears some significance. As this is my tenth post - a bit of a milestone - I am acknowledging this achievement by altering the title of my blog. The current title 'Verteider der Wahrheit' is the German translation of 'Defender of Truth'. I chose this as the title because I wanted a mysterious element to my blog and possibly some out of the ordinary thinking. So, as of my next blog post (after this one of course) a new title will be functioning regularly. Perhaps for the duration of 10 posts, perhaps longer. The permanency of the change is yet to be decided.

Moving on, I spoke in my last post about the Silent Blackout gig I attended on the 11th February and my plans for the rest of the week; Wednesday was a bit of a letdown as Alestorm was scheduled and was for months, did not happen. This is because I felt sick (relating to the previous night) and tired; not an ideal combination for gig-goers.

Wednesday wasn't all bad though, I had a good day in Wrexham with some friends, watched Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace in 3D, it was good, but not as good as expected. The three dimensional effects were more subtle than popping out in your face, although perhaps remastering a film in a new dimension is harder than it sounds, and seeing Star Wars in the cinema was amazing, I never got to see any of the modern ones when I was younger so I cherished the experience.

To conclude this final post under the Verteidiger reign, I shall summarise the events of last night - Friday - I accompanied my Dad to a local music venue/pub in town called the Ironworks as at 9pm, they had a Guns 'n' Roses tribute band playing, we thought why not as the event was priced at a pleasing £5. The band took after Guns instantly, as they didn't start playing for at least half an hour, something G'n'R fans are accustomed to. The band did a good job of replicating imagery and nailing a well chosen set list, obvious stand outs were Slash and Axl, Slash doing a fantastic job with those famous riffs and exquisite solo's, Axl had all the moves and hit all the right notes. A truly good night.

Thank you for reading and I shall grace your computer screen again when the new regime kicks in!
Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment