Wednesday 10 October 2012

Review week!

Hello and welcome to this on time weekly post!

I am in the middle of enjoying a week off, courtesy of the very generous Walford and North Shropshire college for 'review week'. So far I have done homework, watched films and TV, played / watched football and loads of FIFA! I'm now just over a month into college life and really enjoying it so far, all the lessons are interesting, taught well and the environment is great. My favourite lessons are Media and Film Studies, that's probably because we watch Iron Giant and Terminator in them!

On Monday night, me and my team the Spaghetti Hoops played our first competitive Monday Night League game! We're started in the bottom division and faced FC Farcelona - a bunch of lads same age as us that we mostly knew from The Marches. The game was a lot tougher than we anticipated therefore a poor start led to us going 1-0 down, but we grew into the match and roared back to gain a 3-2 victory. A good start to our season - also I've learnt we need to keep our heads on the ground a bit more!!

Last weekend was pretty good football wise, Friday night I travelled up to Bangor to watch them take on Bala Town (and got in for free due to a 'students in for free' promotion!), it was one of the best Bangor performances I've seen and the reward was a thrilling 5-0 victory! Saturday was just a day in town which is quite rare for me now, followed by my first ever Saturday night curry - picked over having the usual pizza and chips. A sign of adulthood I believe! Then I went up the road to our neighbours for a night of babysitting which gained me a tidy tenner, but the child was apparently a bit ill and woke up twice so the night was cut short and I was home in time for Match of The Day!

The Shrews lost again which isn't too good, but hopefully they can pick it up when they play on Sunday live on Sky! The United match was Sunday at Newcastle, they started fantastically and won the game 3-0 with Tom Cleverley scoring a fantastic goal that people can't decide whether he meant to shoot or cross! Last night me and Dad went off to Bala to watch Bangor in the much postponed League Cup game and I certainly wish we hadn't. A terrible and half hearted performance earned a mix and match Bangor side with a 6-1 defeat. Totally embarrassing, but the Friday result is the important one!

This morning I watched Bourne Ultimatum, and after thinking Supremacy was good, my standards have been  redefined. Ultimatum is a fantastic action packed adrenaline fuelled monster of a film - a definite must watch!! Also I have finally updated my profile picture for this blog, it's about time too haha! On a final note, the next blog won't be as football dominated as it's the International break now, but I'll be watching England, Bangor and Shrewsbury this weekend!

Thanks for reading!
-Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment