Thursday 10 May 2012

School's Out For Summer!

So today, was my last EVER full day of compulory school lessons at The Marches School! This is because as of tomorrow 'revision school' kicks in. 'Revision school' is our study leave and it means that we only have to attend lessons where we haven't done final exams in or finished courseworks, subjects like PE and Citizenship where there is no coursework or exams we are no longer doing!

For me, I only have Drama, English, Science, History and ICT left! My drama exam is next Friday (18th May) and Friday's are also the day of my ICT lessons so after next week, Friday will provide the early weekend! If you're reading this and aren't jealous yet, now is the time! My final exam is on the 25th June and after that date I'm a free man!

That's pretty exciting news but also, in the summer (starting 23rd July) I'm attending the National Citizen Service Engage 4 Life course for six weeks, the first week we go away and do activities including archery - a childhood dream and an opportunity I cannot pass away, mainly inspired by Robin Hood -, rock climbing, kayaking and others! The other weeks we are working on less exciting but equally important things like meeting business leaders and figuring out a way of giving our community something back! The best part is, at the end of the course as a celebration there's a free gig! The course costs £30 and if you stay all the way through and attend the 'graduation' (gig) you get £25 back!

After those six weeks of madness, education and creativity, I'll still have 6/7 weeks of the summer left! Times are looking good right now! Sorry for not posting for a while, I had some problems with the battery life of my laptop which my uncle Ian was able to sort out - thanks!! I've also been busy on Fifa 12, such an addictive game, reading about Che Guevara's Cuban Warfare Reminiscence and writing lyrics for an exciting project that shall be revealed soon!
Thanks for reading!
-Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment