Wednesday 23 May 2012

Let's get 'Apocalyptic'!

Yo yo yo bloggers! Today, I have some very cool news; the new Slash album is out!!!
This post may be a few days late as the album (and Classic Rock fanpack edition) came out on Monday 21st May but better late than never! I had totally forgotten about the release and would like to thank Jamie McGowan who not only reminded me of it but also accompanied me to purchase it.

The Classic Rock fanpack cost £14.99, for this you get the new cd titled 'Apocalyptic Love' with 2 bonus tracks, a 130+ page magazine dedicated to Slash, the others involved in this album and everything you need to know, you also get a huge double sided Slash poster and a pin badge! I think this all justifies the price as the album alone costs around £10. I am very glad of purchasing the fanpack version and have enjoyed reading the magazine whilst blasting some good rock 'n' roll!

'Apocalyptic Love' is Slash's second solo album and this time, instead of having a dozen guest vocalists to do individual tracks, the man in the hat has decided to team up with Alter Bridge frontman Myles Kennedy as the sole vocalist. I appraise this move - Slash toured the first solo album with Myles doing all the vocals and if you witnessed any of those gigs or have seen / listened to the Slash - 'Made In Stoke' live album / DVD, you will feel pleased about this decision. Myles is a fantastically talented vocalist who has proved himself by performing some beautiful, melodical and old school R'n'R with Alter Bridge - a band I saw live last November and can testify to Myles being a great singer - and to me is perfect for the job.

The album itself is fabulous, tracks that stand out to me are 'Halo' and 'Anastasia'. There isn't a mellow or dull moment, Slash really knows what he's aiming for here - a full out rock and roll record with no hold backs or compromises. It really is a good job that this fella is still kicking around in the world of music these days and saving little bits of our sanity that modern pop music is always trying to take away, so I'm ending this post by saying thank you Slash! If you haven't got the album, I'd recommend it to any Guns 'n' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Snakepit or Alter Bridge fan.
Thanks for reading!
-Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment