Friday 20 April 2012

Dead Set On Living!

Hello everyone!
Andy here, sorry this blog has been somewhat dormant, I have been rather busy recently and here's why:

School is getting more intense as we near our final set of GCSE's and concentration levels increase rapidly. Also, coursework projects have kept me behind after hours for a lot of the time but most are finished now and study leave is fast approaching so I will be free soon enough!

During the Easter half-term, I vacated to a sunnier and very different place with the other 6 members of my family (Mum, Dad, Sisters 1, 2, 3 & 4. Lucky, aren't I?) for the first week; this was thoroughly enjoyable and a welcome break! The second week of this half term was spent mainly relaxing and a lot of reading has been done.

I have taken an interest in particular in Che Guevara's works; he was such a revolutionary man and it astonishes me as to how he kept such brilliant diaries. By reading them, I feel like I am gaining an insight into what went through his mind and of course his 'Guerilla Warfare' book is an expertly written manual on how to employ the tactics of guerilla warfare and how they were successful in Cuba during the revolution.

Also, the Brian McGilloway authored Inspector Devlin series has become a favourite of mine and I am ever so glad I picked up 'Gallows Lane' in Waterstones the day I did, for otherwise I would be missing out on such an intellectual and clever thrilling series that never fails to impress.

More recently, Cancer Bats - a band I have discovered toward the end of March and become truly enthralled by - released their Dead Set on Living album! It is just shy of 40 minutes and is an absolute treat for any fan of genius music or any CB fan. I have written a review of it as a display of my affection and will be posting it soon!
Thanks for reading and once again I am sorry at the lack of posts previously!
Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment