Friday 8 March 2013

Progress!

I had my tenth driving lesson this week! It was also I feel, my best performance. I was shifting gears smoothly and in time, wasn't scared to go fast and was consistent with my steering technique. My instuctor says I'm doing well but thinks I need a bit more work on roundabouts, a run through of everything and a mock test before trying a real test. To me, this sounds exactly right which is good!

On the job hunt front, I went around town and handed out 13 CV's last weekend, then made a list of all the shops in town and will keep going until I have applied at everywhere I can think of!

On Wednesday, I got a phone call from one of the cafes I applied at asking if I would go in and get an understanding of what work there would involve. I did and have got a foot in the door definitely, although there is no job there at the moment, going in and doing this will put me top of the list for when there is some work which is great!

After going there on Wednesday, I went off to Wrexham and watched Broken City! It was a solid and entertaining film, nothing special but a good watch and more Odeon points! I also got two more Fast and Furious films for £1.75 which I was very pleased at and my Die Hard boxset has finally come! Exactly 3 weeks from when I won the competition is how long it took which is disappointing but I can't really complain as it is free!

I have discovered that the last week of March is a review week which basically means I get a three week half term! Fantastic news and the days are definitely being counted down.

Thanks for reading!
-Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment