Wednesday 13 February 2013

Lucky number 13!

Today, has definitely been a good day:

First and perhaps strangest of all was the snowfall which was quite heavy and fell for hours - if only it had waited until tonight so the possibility of college being closed could be considered!
Also, Man United got a decent result against Real Madrid in what was a fascinating game - a 1-1 draw. During this' game on Twitter, the Die Hard Twitter account were running a competition - the best Die Hard referenced tweets about the match were rewarded, and for my efforts tweeting about the United goal, they have rewarded me with all 4 Die Hard films which they're sending in the post! (follow me @aandysmith)

Keeping on the subject of films, today I have watched two good films, Source Code which was quite good and Inception which raised the bar and blew the roof off. It is a film I had previously ignored it without giving it a chance but saw a trailer for it a day or two ago and realised how foolish this was! If you can grasp it, it truly is mindblowing stuff!

Most importantly though, I passed my driving theory test! Getting iut of the test room and receiving my results was more of a relief that I hadn't failed than anything else! I just about scraped it but that doesn't matter, the fact is I'm halfway to my full UK license!
On my 7th driving lesson this morning in deteriorating conditions I practised reversing and got another step closer to taking my test! Oh and passing this test meant my dinner was elevated fron vegetable soup up to a jalfreezi curry!

Because this day has been full of success and just overall a good day, perhaps the number 13 is to be a good omen for me? I certainly hope so!

This weekend Bangor City are live on S4C again so I will most probably watch that and hope they can avoid conceding a last minute equaliser like last week! On Saturday night I'm again venturing to the Attfield Theatre with my Dad to watch The Hobbit. I'm quite looking forward to it as I haven't yet seen The Hobbit and am interested to see what the experience of a full house is like there!

Finally, next week is half-term! This is welcome news as always and will probably be spent watching films!

Thanks for reading!
-Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment