Friday 10 August 2012

Super summer!

Hello! Sorry about leaving yet another sizable gap between posts, I've just been a bit busy recently.

So, on Tuesday 31st July I went to the Greenhous Meadow again with my Dad and this time my uncle Phil to watch and support Shrewsbury. This match was another pre season friendly and was against Wolverhampton Wonderers (who last year were relegated from the Premiership). In the first half, Wovles had a weaker side out and Shrewsbury were miles better and had a nice 2-0 lead at the break thanks to goals from Terry Gornell and Marvin Morgan. Second half, Wolves switched the majority of their team and managed to pull two goals back so it finished up 2-2 which was a fair result as each team had moments of dominance and were rather equal overall. The highlight of the game would probably be the Shrewsbury fans chanting "Are you sure you're not Wrexham in disguise?!", I'm glad I went and am looking forward to attending more games this season.

I have spent most of time either playing FIFA, playing football or watching football so far this summer and we've had suitable weather for it; day after day of clear blue sky and luminous sun. Also, as long as the weather stays good, I can predict this pattern continuing right until the start of college. I am eagerly awaiting the end of September, for the release of FIFA 13 (which I have pre-ordered), all the screenshots and clips I have seen of it look amazing and a big step up from FIFA 12!

This Saturday, I am going with my Dad and Declan to watch a Bangor City pre season game against Chester in the day, then rocking hard with Declan in the Ironworks watching The Misty Blue Trio by night! We saw this band a few months ago when the Miners Arms pub in Morda put on an all day event and were very impressed so I'm very much looking forward to that, my best musical discovery so far this summer has been Lower Than Atlantis; I've got their World Record album and every time I listen, it gets better and better. I highly recommend you give them a listen and perhaps even see them live this October, as they are touring the UK at the great price of £10 a ticket!

Thanks for reading!
-Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment